The Medical Laboratory Technician curriculum prepares learners for an entry level position as a medical laboratory technician. The medical laboratory technician is a key member of the health care team performing clinical laboratory procedures in a variety of areas including hematology, chemistry, microbiology, immunology and immunohematology. Students who successfully complete the program will be eligible to take the national certification examination.
The Medical Laboratory Technician Program is accredited by:
National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science (NAACLS)
5600 N River Rd., Suite 720
Rosemont, IL 60018
Admission to the Medical Laboratory Technician program is limited and selective. To be considered for admission to the program the following requirements must be met:
- Apply to and be accepted by San Juan College.
- Complete all admission and remedial requirements of San Juan College.
- Have a college minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Complete the following courses with a minimum grade of C:
- Submit a completed application to the Program by the third Friday in October. Students still completing prerequisites will be reviewed and admitted if they complete the pre-requisite work by May graduation and if there is a place available. Students who have completed all pre-requisite courses by the time of application in October will be given preference.
If selected students must:
- Submit proof of a physical examination, provide documentation of current immunizations and maintain current immunizations throughout the program as required by the clinical affiliates.
- Have a criminal background check and drug screen as required by the program affiliates.
- Be responsible for all travel expenses to and from program affiliates.
- Complete each course in the curriculum with a C or better to remain in and graduate from the program.
For additional information please call 505-566-3855 or email us at: email@example.com.